Cynergy Treatment for Leg Veins and Rosacea – Multiplex Laser
The Cynergy treatment for leg veins and rosacea is performed at The Institute for Laser and Aesthetic Medicine utilizing a state-of-the-art muliplex laser.
What is Cynergy?
Cynergy is the first system to combine a long pulse pulse-dye-laser and a high powered Nd:YAG into one system. These wavelengths were chosen for their absorption characteristics and depth of penetration. Both wavelengths are well absorbed by blood. Both wavelengths are also absorbed by melanin. The wavelengths are synergistic in their depth of penetration criteria, the PDL has a more shallow depth of penetration while the Nd:YAG penetrates deeper.
Powered by Cynosure’s advanced MultiPlex™ technology, the Cynergy Vascular Workstation treats all types of vascular and pigmented lesions—including spider veins, and rosacea—more effectively than conventional, single-wavelength technology, including: facial and leg telangiectasias; spider veins; hemangiomas; mature and blebbed portwine stains and other vascular malformations; rosacea; scars; and warts.
Cynergy treats vascular lesions with unsurpassed efficacy and minimal side effects. Cynosure’s revolutionary MultiPlex technology enables the sequential emission of two wavelengths from the same delivery system—a high-powered pulse-dye laser and a 1064-nm long—pulse Nd:YAG laser.
- Both wavelengths are ideal for performing vascular-related applications. The pulse-dye laser is the “gold standard” for targeting vascular lesions such as portwine stains, as well as smaller red vessels, scars and rosacea. Likewise, the Nd:YAG laser is particularly effective at treating larger facial and leg veins.
- MultiPlex’s sequential dual-wavelength technology has been proven more efficacious than single-wavelength technology because it allows us to develop patient-specific treatment options—including customizing the time delay between wavelength delivery.
- The sub-purpuric, pulse-dye laser converts oxy-hemoglobin to methemoglobin and micro-clots-increasing absorption of the Nd:YAG wavelength by 300 to 500 percent and thereby enabling reduced Nd:YAG fluence for enhanced patient safety. In addition, since greater penetration depth is achieved, outcome results are optimized.
- Since Cynergy’s versatility ensures optimal treatment parameters, patients experience fewer side effects. In fact, Cynergy virtually eliminates purpura—a bruising typically associated with older pulse-dye lasers—as well as dramatically reduces the risk of scarring.
- By emitting dual wavelengths, Cynergy provides safe and effective results in less time than single-wavelength systems. For our patients, that means greater comfort and satisfaction.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Multiplex?
MultiPlex is the ability to sequentially fire different laser wavelengths through the same handpiece, with precise timing, to improve the outcome of treatment compared to single-wavelength treatment.
MultiPlex Vascular refers to Cynergy’s combination of PDL followed by YAG, with short, medium, long and extended delays between wavelengths.
What makes Multiplex better?
MultiPlex vascular has been shown to provide 75% singles-treatment clearance in 75% of subjects when treating facial telangiectasia, with little of no purpura. MultiPlex improves treatment of leg veins as well. MultiPlex has also been shown to improve outcomes for those with recalcitrant and resistant vascular birthmarks, and to allow treatment of lesions previously requiring surgery.